Sunday, September 26, 2010 | By: Unknown

Blog Entry #6 - Choices: Conduct an Interview

✿◕ ‿ ◕✿   An interview with Onica Yu ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

 
1. Where were your parents born?
          Onica Yu: My parents were both born in the Philippines.


2. What are your favorite foods?
          Onica Yu: My favorite foods are burgers, steaks, and ceasar salad.

3. What do you most enjoy doing?
          Onica Yu: I most enjoy spending all my free time with my family and friends. Also, I love to go out of town or out of country.


4. Do you enjoy doing something only for yourself?
          Onica Yu: Uhm, I love to play sports like basketball and soccer.


5. What is most important to you in life?
          Onica Yu: The most important in my life are my family and friends because they're always there for me and I know I can be myself to all of them.



6. When did u come to Vietnam?
          Onica Yu: I came to Vietnam 3 years ago. I began school here starting 5th grade.

7. What is your mother language?
          Onica Yu: My mother's language is Tagalog. But she can also speak Chinese because my mom's side is a bit Chinese.

8.What is your religion?
          Onica Yu: My religion is Catholic.

9. Is your father Vietnamese?
          Onica Yu: No, my father is also Filipino. Both my parents are.

10. So why did your family move here?
          Onica Yu: My mom lives in California and my dad lives in Nha Trang. I'm currently staying with my aunt. My dad moved here to work for my uncle.

          Even though Onica Yu and I are from different cultures, in which she is Filipino and I'm Vietnamese, we do have several factors in common. 
          Onica Yu speaks Tagalog and English while I speak Vietnamese - but we are both Catholic. Onica Yu was born in the Philippines and I was born in Vietnam - but we both love burgers.
          Onica Yu is raised in a different culture from mine - but we love spending times with our family and friends.
          And Onica Yu is raised in a different culture from mine - still we enjoy playing sports such as basketball.
          We are from different cultures and might experience different things, yet we have similar responses to life. We speak different languages but we follow the same religion and interpret it in similar ways. We have different family backgrounds, still we do appreciate that. Last but not least, we are two distinct people with different characteristics and important things incident to our personal lives. Though, we still interact with each other to create friendship. Similarities help people come together, and differences help people to complement and appreciate each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment